A new Fashion Industry. What’s out there?
The Fashion Industry needs to reinvent. A new Fashion Industry focused on a more sustainable future. After the lock-down caused by Covid-19, Fashion Houses are planning how to adapt their business to the new times.
Firstly, This pandemic has particularly affected Fashion Weeks and Showrooms around the world. That’s why some of them, like Mercedes-Benz Madrid Fashion Week (MBFWM), will not be held this July. Furthermore, We already know that MBFWM will be held from 10 to 13 of September. It will be an hybrid walkway with actual shows, but also with many multimedia content for its own digital platform.
Actually, all the shows at New York and London Fashion Weeks happen without guests and mainly online. Haute Couture and Paris Fashion Week will use the same format next week. Each Fashion House will participate in digital forecastings presenting a film or video that shows their new designs and creativity.
Hopefully, September will come with more physical presence catwalks. Below, you can find some of the events and Fashion Weeks that will take place in September 2020:
- Pitti Uomo (Firenze): 2 – 4 September.
- Atelier Couture (Madrid): 9 – 10 September.
- Mercedes-Benz Madrid Fashion Week (Madrid): 10 – 13 September.
- New York Fashion Week (New York): 11 – 16 September.
- 080 Barcelona Fashion (Barcelona): 14 – 17 September.
- London Fashion Week (London): 18 – 22 September.
- Milan Fashion Week (Milan): 22 – 28 Septembre.
- Paris Fashion Week (Paris): 28 September – 6 October.
Unfortunatelly, there are so many designers and Fashion Brands who have decided to put their businesses on hold and prefer to wait until there are no restrictions. Others have not presented any collection because it has been impossible for them to make it.
Today, more than ever, we are witnessing uncertain times and the Fashion Industry is changing a lot. We need to be flexible, work together and support each other.
There are no comments